Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New Suit !! / New Calling !!

Del. with my dad on Sunday

Del with J.D. and K.J. on Sunday

Me with my Mom, Dad and two boys outside of church.

We have had alot going on this last week and a half at our house! On Sunday Oct. 12, 2008 we had a change in our bishopric here in our ward . On that day Del was sustained as second councilor in the New Bishopric in our ward. It was a shock to say the least to recieve that particular phone call to meet with the Stake President and then to actually recieve the calling. It will be a neat opportunity for Del to serve and grow. I hope though that the rest of us are up to the challenges that will come with this assignment.
One great thing that happened up front though was a visit from my parents. Because of some health issues my father-in-law was unable to be with us to ordain Del as a High Priest, so my parents graciously agreed to make the two day drive to be with us so my Dad could ordain Del. We did not share with our children that their grandparents were coming for a visit. They were very surprised when Grandma and Grandpa L. rang the door bell on Friday night upon their arrival. We have had such a great visit. It was hard to say good bye today. We are also sad that Grandma and Big Buddy(Grandpa) B. could not be with us - we always love to spend time with family since we live so far away from them. We are so grateful for all the support we have had from both of our families. I know our family will grow from this experience. Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa L. and to all our other family members.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janus said...

Wow!!! Congratulations Delmer! You will be an awesome in the bishopbric.

Also, Ann Michelle, I really appreciate that article on infertility. It really spoke to me and it was great to read it and to feel understood. I honestly feel like sending it to all my 'fertile' friends.

So great on all the fun happenings going on in the Brower household.

Love ya--
Janus